- Klip Marine Shipmanagement (further KMS) was incorporated in 1990 (till 2003 named Baltic Group International Shipping/ BGI Shipping) and was one of the first privately owned shipping and crew management companies in the Baltic States. Associated offices in Riga, Latvia and Astrakhan, Russia were established in 2011 and 2014. Our latest partnership is with Great Swiss Shipping www.gsshipman.com, based in the Philippines , which provides qualified services to vessels trading in Asian waters.
- More than 60 different vessels were managed over last 25 years among them tankers, dry cargo, reefer vessels, tugs, special purpose vessels and others. At the present the fleet consists of 14 vessels with total tonnage about 70000 DWT, the fleet list could be found on our website.
- The major strength of KMS are its people working at its offices and onboard of the managed vessels. All our office staff have a maritime education/experience gained at sea and/or ashore in different shipping companies.
- Strategic partnership with Euro Work, Marine HR expert, allows to achieve recruitment flexibility and permanent pool of qualified seafarers for the shipowners.
- KMS has experience in operating vessels under different flags, including: Antigua and Barbuda, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liberia, Malta, St. Kit and Nevis etc.
- To be well recognized for having inspired staff which strive to achieve continuous improvement of management processes and operational performance by offering a dedicated commitment to its clients business.
- To provide a professional and reliable ship management service to your satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
- We maintain a friendly and fair work environment which respects diversity and rewards new ideas and hard work.
- We intend to make an appropriate profit to generate a fair return for our investors while financing the continued growth and development of quality services through continued growth into new and existing markets.
The Customer is Important
To meet customer’s expectations by managing vessels in a safe effective and transparent manner.
We take ownership of our customer’s problem until they are solved
We aim to transfer customer service into a long-term partnership relationship
We respect each other and value other’s ideas and points of view
We work together and support each other to achieve our objectives
We celebrate together our success
We enjoy our work
We are responsible for our own success and failure
We know our own products
We pay attention to detail
We execute tasks in due time
Growth & Development
We build our long-term relationships with Partners on mutually beneficial ground
We continually improve operational/management procedures
Profitability is key of our success to grow
To be the preferred service provider for Customers and a fair employer for Employees through:
– Achievement of leading market position in ship management service;
– Continued improvement of management procedures;
– Continued training of our staff
- To make an adequate profit to generate a fair return for our investors, to award employees and to finance continued growth and expand our services to existing and new markets.
The Company’s core activity is ship management on behalf of shipowners and financiers providing the following services:
- technical ship management (main scope of our activity);
- implementation of ISM, ISO, MLC and ISPS onboard and in offices;
- crew management covers selection, recruiting/engagement, familiarization and training, retaining and carrier promotion;
- registration of vessels under various flags;
- vessels’ technical inspections and evaluation;
- sale and purchase of vessels;
A Few Facts
- KMS. is ISO 9001:2008 certified since 12 July 1999 as well as it is certified in accordance with ISM Code by Bureau Veritas.
- KMS. is a member of International Maritime Employer’s Committee (IMEC) and Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- KMS. professional team is dedicated to managing ships safely.
- We would be delighted to cooperate with other companies involved in the maritime industry and are committed to offer a friendly service combined with regional expertise.